MD, ScD, Professor Dušan Vešović is on Instagram
Nutrition of adults and children
- Worldwide obesity has nearly tripled since 1975.
- In 2016, more than 1.9 billion adults, 18 years and older, were overweight. Of these over 650 million were obese.
- 39% of adults aged 18 years and over were overweight in 2016, and 13% were obese.
- Most of the world's population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight.
- 39 million children under the age of 5 were overweight or obese in 2020.
- Over 340 million children and adolescents aged 5-19 were overweight or obese in 2016.
- Obesity is preventable.
Obesity may be an underlying reason for a large number of risks to a person's health. Among others, obesity is related to diseases of the heart and blood vessels, metabolic diseases (among which diabetes predominates), malignant diseases, diseases of the bone and joint system, etc. All these diseases are known also as chronic non-communicable diseases that are characterized by very high mortality (about 70% of all deaths per year in the world are caused by these diseases)!!!
Obesity is a disease that can be prevented by proper nutrition, which should be started from the earliest period of a child's development.
At the OPTIMA FORMULA center, we are successfully implementing a nutrition program for entire families, respecting all the diversity, cultural, religious and all other life values and beliefs of patients, as well as the degree of engaging in sports activities (professionally or recreationally), etc.
Start with a healthy diet for your family before obesity or obesity-related illnesses occur!